I just thought you should know that I got a new pair of shoes. Maybe I am one of those people that has an addiction problem. But mine is very specific. Specifically, I like these handmade shoes from Folk. They’re very comfortable you see and the leather quality is superb ! They don’t need to be worn in !
Anyway, moving on to my next favourite subject: FOOD ! Like I said in my previous post, I am about to share with you a very delicious recipe which is perfect for days where you want to satisfy your chocolate cravings or you’re not feeling so good because someone died and you want to feel marginally better.
Hershey’s “perfectly chocolate” chocolate cake with Nutella filling
– 2 cups sugar
– 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa (From Costco. If you don’t have this, you can use any unsweetened cocoa)
– 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup milk
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1 cup boiling water
– Nutella (use however much as you like !)
1. Heat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour two 23cm round baking pans.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
4. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
6. Spread Nutella on the top of one of the layers and stick both layers together. EAT !